Wound Care Instructions After Biopsy
- 1. Wash the area with mild soap like Dove each day. Do NOT use hydrogen peroxide to the wound.
- 2. Dab the area gently to dry.
- 3. Apply a thin layer of Vaseline. Do NOT use Bacitracin or Neosporin to the area.
- 4. Cover the biopsy spot with a bandage.
- 5. Continue steps 1-4 until the area is healed. (Usually 7-10 days)
Expect some redness in the beginning and a slight yellow film to form over the area. This does not signal infection but is part of the normal wound healing process.
Call the office if you develop tenderness, fevers or drainage from the site. If you do not receive results from the office in 10 business days, please call the office at 631-665-DERM(3376).